Think of your Managed Service Provider (MSP) as your IT department. An MSP can handle everything that your IT department or internal IT staff member normally would. Depending on the needs of your business, an MSP will customize a service plan. Your contract outlines all of these services, allowing you to keep your MSP accountable.
If you’re about to stop reading because you already have an IT department – wait! There are actually a lot of benefits to having an MSP replace your internal IT. For example, it might surprise you that an MSP is actually more cost-effective.
Click here to learn all about the advantages of Managed IT over in-house IT.
Your MSP contract could include:
- Unlimited Remote Helpdesk and Onsite Support
- Network Design and Deployment, specifically tailored for your industry
- Cloud Management and SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) to streamline your business
- Anti-Virus and Malware Software, and a remediation plan to ensure you are properly taken care of
- Enterprise-Class Networking equipment with every feature you could possibly need
- A premier Backup and Disaster recovery platform, which includes onsite backups and offsite cloud storage and retention
- Email, Microsoft 365, and G Suite Services Management
- 24×7 Monitoring of all your critical systems through our RMM packages
- Support and Vendor Management for all of your third-party IT equipment
- Expert vCIO Services, ensure that both our interests are aligned and that all your needs are met throughout the term of your agreement
What else is included?
As your IT partner, it’s important for us to be on the same page. You’ll meet with your Account Manager or vCIO (Virtual Chief Information Officer) at least once per quarter. The purpose of this meeting is to address any concerns from the previous quarter so we can improve for the next. We’ll see what’s working for you and what isn’t, and make adjustments as needed. The meeting is meant as an open discussion; you can present your goals and struggles so we can create an IT solution that combats your frustrations and helps you achieve your goals.
Additionally, an MSP keeps an updated list of your IT equipment. This allows your vCIO to future-proof your IT infrastructure and accurately plan for upcoming equipment needs. As new cutting-edge technologies become available, your vCIO will ensure you have every tool and technique to elevate your business’s effectiveness in this constantly changing world. We are a quick call away in the case you need assistance with research or theoretical implementation of new emerging technologies. Overall, a vCIO is well equipped to improve your workflow and productivity while ensuring you get the most out of your equipment.
In simpler words, an MSP contract outlines everything that you’ll receive from us. It allows you to keep us accountable and stay worry-free – your IT is taken care of.
STG IT Consulting Group would love to show you all we can offer as your Managed Service Provider.
Click here to schedule a free 15-minute meeting with Stan Kats, our Client Engagement Specialist and Senior Technologist.
We proudly serve Greater Los Angeles and surrounding areas for all of your IT needs. We look forward to meeting with you!