If you work for any company, you often hear the terms “digital transformation” and “collaboration.” But what do they mean? How do they help manage your business goals on a daily basis? And how can you align your team with company goals?
Collaboration is not possible when shared goals aren’t set. When departments are isolated and disconnected, priorities don’t tend to match up. It’s not to say people aren’t doing their best, but they may not be moving in the same direction.
The objective of digital transformation is simply using technology to help a business reach its goals. This includes switching from analog methods of operation, and converting to more automated and connected tools.
These days, Microsoft is at the forefront in terms of collaboration and digital transformation. Its Viva platform promotes a better working environment for employees. It accomplishes this by using AI, automation, cloud connectivity, and more.
In this blog post, we’ll be giving an overview of Microsoft Viva. Then, we’ll introduce one of the newest Viva offerings, Viva Goals. We’ll talk about what it does and how is can help your business in achieving its goals.
What is Microsoft Viva?
Microsoft Viva is a suite of employee experience software. They connect to the Microsoft 365 platform, including Teams. The app serves as add-ons that can enhance digital capabilities of your company.
The Microsoft Viva line currently includes seven apps:
- Viva Topics: Enables businesses to utilize expertise and information. Using keywords, it presents pertinent topics from the company knowledge base.
- Viva Connections: Gives employees a connected and tailored newsfeed. They company newsfeed provides useful conversations, tools, and news.
- Viva Learning: Consolidates apps needed to train employees. Making it easier for employees to acquire new skills from within the MS Teams app.
- Viva Insights: Enhances company culture and employee well-being. Using data-driven insights to provide productivity and well-being advice.
- Viva Sales: Reduces the amount of data input needed from salespeople. Provides recommendations for better lead interaction.
- Viva Engage: Fosters community and personal networks. Encourages participation and knowledge sharing.
- Viva Goals: Clarity and congruence of company goals.
The Viva line broadens the definition of “software” for businesses. It establishes a link between M365 apps and Microsoft Office applications. As opposed to the tool, it also emphasizes the people. Microsoft created the Viva software with AI in mind. This facilitates work and provides access to useful data points.
What is Viva Goals?
One of Microsoft’s most recent Viva programs is called Viva Goals. It links teams together so they can work toward a common set of goals. Employees align no matter if they work in customer support or accounting.
Business executives can use Viva Goals to formally create company goals. Then, they can link these goals to tie together departmental targets.
For example, your company goal is to offer the best possible customer service. This objective is only general. It has nothing to do with what teams need to do to make it happen.
How Does One Get Viva Goals?
The cost to add Viva Goals to your M365 package is now $6.00 per user per month.
The current cost is $9/user/month for the whole Viva application package.
Questions Regarding Viva Goals or Microsoft 365?
If you want to keep up, digital transformation with solutions like Microsoft Viva is essential. The cloud, AI, and machine learning are replacing traditional methods of doing things. We can guide you through that area. To find out more, give us a call and arrange a consultation.
If you’d like to find out more about what’s new in the tech world, make sure to follow our blog!
Click here to schedule a free 15-minute meeting with Stan Kats, our Founder, and Chief Technologist.
STG IT Consulting Group proudly provides IT Service in Greater Los Angeles and the surrounding areas for all of your IT needs.